Friday, September 27, 2013

a few awesome things...

awesome things 10

even though horticulture is my thing, i'm sort of embarrassed to say that, since my boys were born, i've done very little actual tending to and growing of plants.  i have a gardener now for my own yard and my potted plants are lucky if they get watered these days.  i tell myself that i'll get back to my horticultural roots when i'm older and have more time and i sincerely hope that i do, because i really do love it.  one of those neglected potted plants that i'm referring to is this christmas cactus above.  it's tucked into a little corner on my deck and i can't remember the last time that i watered it.  yesterday i noticed that it's blooming, despite my lack of t.l.c.  it was a good reminder of the generosity of nature.  i vow to give back to the plant world and get my hands dirty again some day.

some links...

~ last weekend, when we were in l.a., we had the pleasure of staying at the sunset tower hotel, and we totally lurved it!  total old school hollywood and the history of the hotel is so cool.

~ these floral hangings from the dior show in paris are fantabulous. 

~this foraged floral arrangement is lovely.

i hope that this first fall weekend is a wonderful one for all of you.

xo, c

(photo from my instagram account)

No comments:

Post a Comment