Friday, January 23, 2015

i'm still here...

roses & feathers

happy new year.  it's been 6 months to the day since my last post and, being that i like even numbers, i thought that it was a good time to start her back up.  as far as i can ascertain the reason for my absence is twofold.  one, we finally made our move into san francisco in september and it rattled me more than i had expected.  i had been looking forward to moving back into the city for some time and i thought that it would be all happy-happy, but i found it jarring to move after living in our last place for 10 years - the longest that i'd ever lived in one place.  so getting, or more to the point "feeling",  settled took a while and there were a lot of days that i felt like my wheels were spinning and nothing (e.g. all of the boxes that needed unpacking) was getting done.  and, so, the blog was sort of one of the last things on my mind.  and it wasn't just the blog but all of the other things that make me feel good and whole - my walk/runs in the park, my visits to trusted advisors (my therapist), working with the flowers - those sorts of things - they all went by the wayside.  i guess it really is true what they say about moving.

the other part of it was that i was feeling a little uninspired.  the DIY's and the like are nice but i'm feeling ready to do something that feels a little more meaningful and authentic.  i'm not totally clear on what that is yet but i'm looking forward to taking things in new direction.  

anyhow, i'm glad that the funk has lifted and that i'm feeling good (great actually) about where i am, both geographically and mentally.    

i hope to be back here very soon.  have a great weekend!

xo, c










No comments:

Post a Comment